Jewish Leadership in Israel -
from the Times of the Bible to the 21st Century
Leadership Seminar for Teachers and Community Executives
of the Jewish World
July 9-18, 2013
The MOFET Institute
- Number of participants: 20–30
- Language: English
- Target audience: Teacher educators and teachers of Jewish studies; Community leaders who are involved in the various aspects of community life (formal and informal education, social events, and so on),
- Duration: 10 days
- Framework: The seminar is composed of study sessions, study tours, social and cultural events, and encounters with key figures in Israeli society.
The study tours will take place in Jerusalem (the Old City, Jerusalem's Western Neighborhoods, the City of David, the Western Wall Tunnels, Yad Vashem, Mount Herzl), in the Negev (Kibbutz Sde-Boker, Yeruham) in Northern Israel (Zfat, the Golan Heights, the Sea of Galilee) and in Tel Aviv (the City of Jaffa, the neighborhoods - Neve Zedek and Ahuzat Bait, the Museum of Independence, the Palmach Museum)
- Principal contents: Leadership narratives; Models of Jewish/Israeli leadership; the birth of Zionism; the Holocaust commemoration; the circle of Jewish life; Israel's relations with the Diaspora and the structure of Israeli society with its various groups
- Teaching staff: Lecturers from Israel's colleges of education and universities in accordance with the
seminar curriculum, as well as key figures from the country's leadership
- Teaching methods: These will be varied and adapted to the needs of each group: lectures, workshops, study tours and experiential social events. All methods pay attention to and stress the enjoyment of the learning experience and of the participation in the seminar itself
- Learning materials: A variety of learning materials will be employed, including texts, historical sources, films and illustrative media, relevant Internet websites and products from various creative workshops
Click here to view the seminar agenda.
Please note the schedule is subject to change.
- Getting to Israel: Participants are responsible for booking and paying for their own flight to and from Israel
- Commuting from one place to another will be done by organized buses
- Accommodation will take place in guest houses and three star hotels according to the program
- Meals: According to the program – at the places of accommodation, or places of activity
Costs (per participant):
Participation fee in the seminar stands on $900. Payment can be made via our registration center.
Participation fee for an accompanying family member stands on $1,300.
Payment can be made via our registration center.
This sum covers all costs (not including flights, medical and personal insurance, and private expenses):
- Full hospitality during the seminar days
- Participation in the seminar activities
- Obtaining relevant learning materials and making use of equipment necessary for the various activities
- Joining the mailing lists that will be used for holding forums and future activities in the field
- Becoming a steady member of our educational community
Please note; This cost is relevant for the current academic year 2012-2013.
Registration and Cancellation Policy:
Participants must undertake to participate in the entire seminar and in all of its activities.
For additional information regarding registration, logistics and relevant procedures please write to Dr. Tova Perlmutter firstname.lastname@example.org.